Well I have not waded into the stream in a while and since I did a picture stream on Monday why not just spend some time splashing around in Nana's stream of consciousness.
1, We have finished watching The Crown. I have to say that Prince Charles is not Prince Charming in this telling of the story. Gillian Anderson did a good job portraying Margaret Thatcher. There will not be another series until 2022. It took me a while to like Olivia Coleman as the queen and now I will have to get used to Imelda Staunton as the queen. You may remember her as Dolores Umbridge in the Harry Potter Movies. Speaking of Harry Potter, Marvin and I were watching The Queen's Gambit( thanks Katie at Preppy Empty Nester for the recommendation) and I saw a face that was familiar but I just could not place that actor. He was a chess player and he was thin with very dark hair. I finally got out my phone and tapped on IMDB. Believe it or not it was Cousin Dudley of Harry Potter. He has lost a lot of weight and looks so different. I love Internet Movie Data Base as it can tell you so much about a movie or a series. It drives Marvin crazy when I pull it out and start telling him facts. lol So I try to keep it to myself unless he asks specifically. We have been watching DCI Banks and Marvin was surprised to see Louisa from Doc Martin as a main character. Marvin loves Doc Martin while he gets on my nerves....so Marvin watches Doc Martin up in the man cave. I think Marvin and Doc Martin are probably kindred spirits.
2. Christmas is very different this year. Marvin and I will be traveling to see each child individually. We will miss our big gathering in Chatsworth but we want to keep Grandma Margie safe so we made the decision to cancel this years gathering. I am debating doing a lot of baking as Marvin and I do not need extra treats but Christmas is just not the same without the special foods you only have once a year.
3. We are getting Internet at Grimmwood after Christmas. We have found we can watch tv cheaper over the internet than with cable. And I can use my laptop there which is much preferable to the phone.
4. I visited our new Tractor Supply for the first time since it opened in Decatur. I did some Christmas shopping there. it is a neat store. They have lots of farm friendly clothing and home decor. Marvin works outside a lot at Grimmwood so I was able to get him some warm and sturdy clothing for the farm.
5. I also visited Hobby Lobby but I was good and purchased my Gift Card and left. Most of the Christmas merchandise is picked over and they were putting out spring merchandise. Note to self, look for the little signs I need for the grands 2021 Christmas ornaments.
6. I was glad to hear that my northern friends do not like driving in snow either. I guess I am a bit sensitive as lots of northerners who move here mock our winter driving skills. I was at the post office this week, dropping off some cards when a lady with a northern accent told me, "I thought it was supposed to be warm in the South." Well Monday was very cold and windy so I could understand her confusion. We do have some cold weather here but it seldom hangs around By Wednesday the sun was shining and highs were in the 60s. From the looks of the long term forecast, we will have a warmer Christmas this year and that is fine with me.