Let's run away from reality this morning. I don't know about you but my go to mode these days is ostrich with head in sand.
1. Have any of you watched the new All Creatures Great and Small on PBS? Marvin and I were dubious as we watched the original series back in the day. However I give this one a thumbs up. The Yorkshire Dales are the perfect place to visit and escape from the cares of the world.
2. Marvin and I settle down every day after lunch to watch Shtizel on Netflix. It is a Jewish soap opera set in the Haredi Orthodox community of Jerusalem. Subtitles are needed but it is neat to see Jerusalem today and hear the Hebrew language. ( Some yiddish thrown in as well) We call it "our story" just like our grandmothers and mothers called their soap operas. Right now we are pulling for poor Akiva to find a wife.
3. Recently I found some Adult Bedtime stories on You Tube. My favorites are Agatha Christie stories read by Hugh Fraser. Mr. Fraser was Captain Hastings on the Poirot series. The down side is I fall asleep, then spend the next day finding where I need to start over at in the recording. A soothing British voice is perfect for nodding off to dreamland.
4. Speaking of Agatha Christie, that woman was a prolific writer. I found a new Christie character or at least new to me, Christopher Parker Pynes. He is featured in several short stories and he is very entertaining. Quite different from Poirot and Miss Marple.
5. Well from the tone of this Stream, you can see that I have been escaping from all the news of the world. I promise that I do clean my house and keep up with the laundry. Having a husband who helps out is a nice benefit of retirement. Marvin mops the kitchen floor for me, empties the dishwasher and keeps his man cave tidy. However I do not look too closely at the man cave when I venture up there.
6. One last holiday task awaits me this week. I need to organize our attic storage/craft room/ seasonal decor room. I will admit that when we took things back up after Christmas I just sat boxes down willy nilly. I am thinking of getting rid of some of the craft supplies. Kendall and Landon are not really interested in crafts anymore and the other grands are seldom here. It is a good thing to recognize there are seasons to life and sometimes we have to move on whether we like it or not. So I will toss bottles of dried out paint, put some things in the thrift store pile, then clean and tidy so everything is in its place.